Thursday, April 12, 2007

Vancouver Canucks (3) vs. Dallas Stars (6)

The Canucks vs. Stars match up will see two of the best goalies in the league, Marty Turco and Roberto Luongo going face to face. Both teams rely heavily on their goalies. The Stars top goal scorer, Jere Lehtiten netted only 26. Both teams finished the regular season with 217 goals, tying them for 21st in the league. This is a defensive match up, through and through. This is Turco's 3rd trip to the playoffs, but he hasn't made it past the first round in the last two. Roberto Luongo is making his post season debut. This one is a tough pick, I've got the Dallas Stars in 7.

1 comment:

Jeff S said...

This was a tough one for me, and the only one that I sent to a seventh game. This was a great first game. I made it until 2:00am and the third (or fourth) overtime before impending daybreak forced me to sleep. So much for a boring series. When it comes down to it I chose Vancouver because I think Luongo will be the deal breaker in this series.

No matter how it turns out this will be a fun one to watch.